Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Daily Planning: Part 1

As I was reading my morning Devotional I was inspired to write this. So often as women, moms, wives, etc we find ourselves overwhelmed and flitting from task to task never really accomplishing anything or when we do we find that we have done a poor job. Even more often we find that at the end of the day we have been rushing to accomplish so much, but yet accomplish so little leaving very little time for ourselves. We find ourselves exhausted, burned out and well, crabby.  We want time for ourselves but we put pressure on ourselves to be perfect as well.   We are left frustrated and often complain.  The irony is, we are the only ones who can change our circumstances.  We can complain all we want to our husbands, sisters, mothers, girlfriends, God, etc, but they can not do anything about it, only we can.


From now until the end of May I am going to help you get out of this rut and start finding balance in your day to day life. Today's assignment will be easy.  I want you to purchase a planner of some kind if you don't already use one. Even if you are a SAHM and especially if you are a WAHM you will need one. The style of planner is completely up to you. I personally use the DayMinder Planner in the 8.5x11 size.  I write big and like to be able to open my planner to see my week clearly.  I also use the digital planner in Google for planning scheduling events that are further out or I would like to do but have not committed to.  For example, this Friday is a Jazz Festival downtown on the water. I am not really sure if I am going to go but I wanted to remind myself that it was coming up without cluttering up my daily planner. Tomorrow I am going to go over how to set up your priorities and your planner so that you DO have time to fit it ALL in.



No comments:

Post a Comment